Saturday 21 March 2009

I gave blood on tuesday. I've never had a problem with it, but i fainted this time and felt like a bit of a baby because I had to lie there for ages with nurses feeding me juice with a whole load of students watching! The nurse had problems getting the needle into the vain properly, and the resulting bruise is quite impressive. It's not put me off and I'll be back in 16 weeks. I'm trying to get friends to go next week, anyone that's ever had an operation or had someone they love being ill will understand how important it is. And if you haven't been in that situation, you're lucky, but it shouldn't take something sad like that to make you go. I know a lot of people who've been meaning to go for ages but are always busy etc. It's not a good enough excuse! all they need is a little nudge ; ) I got over my squeamishness with needles, so can you!
Big respect to my friend Joe who donated bone marrow week before last, that is brave! I'm considering joining the donor register... maybe i need a nudge too!

No comments:

Post a Comment