Saturday 21 March 2009

Of for the Love of Letterpress!



Went up to LCC last week to the Changing face of letterpress exhibition. I don't say this often but I thought it was one of the most impressive things I've seen in a long time. The sheer amount of time that would have gone into each piece is insane, and the work was truly gorgeous! These are just pictures from my phone, I'll get more up when I can. Big pat on the back is in order for Rose and Alex who put the whole thing together and took time out to show us round.  Not many of the people in the show have websites but those that do are Rose and shaz madani,  Other people who's work was amazing: Varvara Zaytsera (mad Olympics animation. yes, a letterpress animation), Jacqueline Ford (who did the work above), Becky Lyddon (another music and pattern animation), all of whom I'm going to keep an eye out for. I left feeling very very impressed, a little bit envious and desperate to get back into the letterpress studio, so I'm bugging Rose to let me in in Easter. I'll post some letterpress I've done this year up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment