Tuesday 23 November 2010

Lucas Raye















































































A while ago I was working with Claire Murray on a LP cover for a Brighton singer/songwriter. 
These are just a few small examples of the type I was thinking of doing. They eventually went in another direction with the project so I think it's ok to post this. They were keen on using a circus theme, which I was all for because I adore circus posters and Victorian type. 
I didn't have any of these as typefaces, they were simply copied out of some of the millions of old type books I have. I really enjoyed my intensive week or so of drawing and re-drawing type. I actually think a lot of it looks better messy than too neat. Click on the image to see an enlarged version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment